Wednesday, March 27, 2013

some sunny day

You know, after banging on about how much I liked these notebooks, in my last post, it turns out that there are a couple of issues; a) they don't fit on my scanner b) the bit that does fit on my scanner does not scan well at all.Why is it so grey? I mean, it was a very grey day. To be honest, every time I've been on the ferry from Dover to Calais it's always been very very grey. But that's the English Channel for you. I've SO much work, from my trip, to post. I guess I'll have to get the camera out.

Oh, and you can tell how absolutely knackered I was at this point (I'd got up at 3 in the morning and by now we'd been on the road for hours). I was not 'wailing for the ferry to leave' and the cafe wasn't full of seagulls. I was looking at them through the window.

5 comments:

Polly Birchall said...

Oh you poor thing. As they say in the song - things can only get better. I have to use photoshop to enhance pics I take as they always seem to have a blue shadow, and my laptop won't let me scan. We all have our problems. Happy Easter.

froy said...

To get rid of the grey cast make sure your sketchbook is weighted down so the paper lies flat against the scanner bed. This paper is thin enough that you see the drawings on reverse sides through, which adds to the noise - try slipping a black page in behind what you're scanning.

Clare said...

I Love your seagulls! I was in UK last year and I was astounded in the size of the gulls there! They are more than double the size of them here in Australia... I loved the trip from London to Paris by Eurostar, very relaxing.

Debrina said...

Wonderful seeing this loose new wild style, Andrea! Lovin' it sooo much :-)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, guys. Yes, I guess I knew that the issue was the book being too big for the scanner and therefore the paper not being flat against the scnner bed. Very frustrating as I'd love to share this whole journal but I just cannot stand to see this quality scan on my blog!

Cheers, for commenting guys.