Wednesday, October 26, 2011

where the feeling stays

I've had the idea for this drawing in my head for so long now, for at least a year, but it's been a real struggle to get it down on paper.
As soon as the idea came to me, probably in the shower, I felt it could look really great.
I put an outline of a couple of pairs of legs on the page and then left it.
At some point later I coloured in those legs but I still wasn't feeling it. So, I left it some more.
When I'd decided that my next zine was going to be about drawing with a four colour ballpoint I knew that that's the direction I should go with this.
This would be one of the 'big' drawings of the new zine.
Finally, over the last few days I sat down and finished it.
Which was when I really got into it.
Then I found myself thinking "why didn't you get into this sooner? I'm enjoying this drawing sooo much".
Welcome to my world.

14 comments:

Molly said...

i am absolutely amazed at what you can do with a ball point pen!

and i, too, seem to come up with my best ideas in the shower... if only i could always remember them later! :-)

webpromo said...

Wow... Thanks.. I'm at the first time on your blog! And I like it! Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Love it.

Eric Lay said...

Groovy!

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Love it, what a great way to do the jeans! Do some more please! Ta!

Patti Sandham said...

LOVE IT!

Brian Gnyp said...

I also follow Pete's blog. I love both your work. Keep drawing!

Carin Winkelman said...

Amazing! Just amazing how you can take simple supplies and make such stunning work with them. Love it.

T. Roger Thomas said...

Those are good text boxes

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, lovely people!

academic writers wanted said...

Very nice post. Thanks a lot for it!

online writing jobs said...

Some idea came to me in the shower too XD
I like this work. it`s looks really nice.

nexium said...

I really liked your article.

freelancercareers.com said...

Fabulous piece of writing. Thanks for this.